13 January 2007

spider is tiche (revisited)

tiche = spider (Lhaesine pronunciation = TIGHCH) (noun) (some things Google found for "tiche": a common term; TIChe stands for The Thai Institute of Chemical engineering; Audun-le-Tiche is a village in the province of Lorraine in France; Tiche is an Italian Financial Advising company; TICHÌ is a brand of Lithuanian natural mineral water; Tiche Porcelain of Italy; song Tiche by Cesária Évora; Tiche Udoli Hotels and Guest Houses in Czech Republic; Tiche Cannel Coal Company in Pennsylvania; a last name; "tiché" means "quiet, silent" in Slovak; a place in Bulgaria)

This is a small change to alter the pronunciation. My previous word for "spider" was "teche", which I still think is a cool looking word. But I decided that I'd rather not have the word for "spiders" (plural) be pronounced the same as the English word "teacher". Someone may wrongly assume I'm criticizing the teaching profession.

No comments: