07 April 2008

box is coaya (revisited)

coaya = box (Lhaesine pronunciation = COH-yuh) (noun) (some things Google found for "coaya": a rare term; Coaya has IT outsourcing services; a last name that can be Hispanic; user name; part of a Finnish Border Collie's name)

My previous Lhaesine word for "box" was "coya". This is a minor spelling change to retain the same pronunciation.

I'm making modifications to my rules for the vowel "o". I'm adding the new vowel combination of "oa" to represent the long "o" sound, as in the English word "boat". If I didn't change the spelling of this word, my new conlang rules would have the "o" pronounced like in the English word "not". Behind the scenes, I'm changing the posted Lhaesine pronunciation, but not the spelling, of some other existing words.

No comments: