27 July 2008

eleven is maigur (revisited)

maigur = eleven (Lhaesine pronunciation = MAY-guhr) (adjective) (number) (some things Google found for "maigur": an uncommon to rare term; a last name that's possibly a variation of Maguire and a name from India; a road in the city of Jamkhandi in the State of Karnataka in India)

My previous Lhaesine word for "eleven" was "magre". I've changed the spelling, but the pronunciation remains nearly the same. My new word is two syllables, instead of just one. It bears some resemblance to my word for "one" which is "mag".

This word has been revised. The Lhaesine word for "eleven" is now "jaem". I decided that I didn't want my word for eleven to look like my word for one; I changed my mind.

This word has been revised again. The Lhaesine word for "eleven" is now "jond". This posting is no longer current.

No comments: