01 September 2006

Lhaesine marks one year

One year ago today, I started the Lhaesine Dictionary Project to make-up words in my own fantasy language. An eccentric undertaking, I’ll admit.

This blog has been updated daily, and for a stretch of time, even more frequently. This is my 453rd posting. There are considerably less than 452 words in Lhaesine, because I continue to modify and redo words as I refine the rules of my language.

There is a dictionary; Lhaesine-English and English-Lhaesine. But is Lhaesine a useable constructed language or conlang? No, not yet. Language building is not a simple task. Lhaesine is currently severely lacking in verbs, and it’s impossible to make sentences without verbs. I have long-standing ideas of how to handle verbs, though. Doing this project for the past year, I’ve learned a multitude of odd things, including more about grammar than I ever expected.

The Lhaesine Dictionary Project is ongoing. Yet starting today I’m going to step back a little, and post to this blog less often, perhaps every other day. I need to allow myself more time for various other things. New Lhaesine words are still forthcoming!

No comments: